1. Reorganizing the shelving display: Removing anything that wasn't white or glass. It created a more cohesive, intentional display.
2. Spray Painting the Chandelier: Using a can of Rustoleum's oil rubbed bronze spray paint that was already on hand, this transformation was completely free. Now that the chandelier isn't brass/gold, I can appreciate the shape and design of it.
3. Adding Curtains: In a room with 9' ceilings, we opted for 96" curtains to accentuate the height.
Here's a reminder of what the room looked like when we had just started to expand the table.
And after a coat of paint on the walls.
Here it is today. You'll notice that the blinds are missing… I tried to open them and the whole thing came crashing down onto the floor. But I actually like it better without them since you can see all of the greenery in the backyard.
What I love most about the curtains is how much larger they truly make the window look. It seems like it fits the wall much better than before. The gray curtains are from west elm, the sheers are Target and the curtain rod Lowes.
Still to do is eventually add crown moulding (which I hope to do for the whole first floor), frame the window, and potentially add a chair rail.
As for wall decor, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the blank wall on the other side of the table. I have a couple of ideas - including a mirror to reflect light, an oversized clock, or some artwork. Here are just a couple of inspiration pieces I like.
And here's one more just for fun!